Borrowed from the faaabulous Ur-Spo!!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Usually a combination of both.
2. Real tree or Artificial?
Artificial. Although they now say that a real tree is more ecological, I would constantly be afraid that it would catch fire!
3. When do you put up the tree?
It started going up yesterday!
4. When do you take the tree down?
Not until after Twelfth Night.
5. Do you like eggnog?
Yes, but not in excess.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Probably a “three speed” bike that I received when I was twelve. I rode that thing everywhere!
7. Hardest person to buy for?
My hairdresser. I always try to find something unusual to give her, and each year it gets harder and harder to top myself!
8. Easiest person to buy for?
Since we instituted a “Wish List” system along with the “Secret Santa” gift exchange, it has made shopping for my family a breeze!
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes. A simple but tasteful one.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
I still mail cards, although in recent years the number sent out has been decreasing…
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
A ghastly orange and purple striped turtleneck sweater. It went right back to the store!!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
“Miracle on 34th Street”. The original from 1947, mind you. Not the two ghastly remakes that were done in the last thirty years!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Yesterday as it turns out!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
I think that we did it once with a bottle of wine that we had received. It served as a last minute gift for someone who bought us a gift, and we had not planned on getting them anything!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
16. Lights on the tree?
Colored, of course!
17. Favorite Christmas song?
“It Came Upon A Midnight Clear” has always been a favorite! Although, I have to admit I do enjoy “All I Want For Christmas Is You” by Mariah Carey (although this is the only song of hers that I like!).
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
A combination of the two.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer’s?
Well, of course!!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
We have a star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Usually Christmas Eve. Christmas morning we have too much to do!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
My mother-in-law. (But that’s applicable all year!)
23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
Nothing special. Our tree is very eclectic.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
We usually do lobster with a nice soup and salad. And a variety of desserts of course!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Peace on Earth…
26. Who is most likely to respond to this?
I’m sure that Ur-Spo will say something!
27. Will you bake any cookies?
Probably not this year…